Vigilant, when making online hotel reservation – just like patience rapid is a virtue and has its own rewards.
How would you react to a web hotel reservation gone wrong that could cause you to wait in the very lobby of a hotel, later into the office of the director, anxiously pass the time for any favorable developments, otherwise you would probably have no other option but to hail a taxicab that might transport you to yet another hotel? Worse, this could happen to everyone overseas – 45, 000 miles away from home!
Jimmy Craig, a young Computer Engineer from Minnesota, was a frequent hazard and about 80% of his travel arrangements were done on the internet. His job was, without doubt, financially rewarding as the salary and the perks that went with it were the very best in the industry, but his frequent travels, away from his family were just too much to bear. Worse, not only once, nevertheless twice, Jimmy found himself in precarious situations as a consequence of his travels. At least one of these misadventures was due to a erroneous online hotel reservation.
How then would you make certain your own hotel reservation, done online, safe from the most common faults that Jimmy could have avoided, had he been far more vigilant?
Here are top 5 mistakes you should avoid, not simply when making hotel reservation online, but every time you prepare for go:
· Failure to comparison-shop. Unless you deal with a reliable firm that has proven track record, you should investigate and compare no less than 2-3, or even more options before you send in your details for the hotel reservation.
Compare not just hotel rates, although usually, travelers focus on these. Check out hotel amenities as well, which include special deals or discounts. Be wary of “hidden costs”, such as penalties and taxes.
Most importantly, find out more about the company to provide online hotel reservation service. You may find similar companies on the web and compare their services, as well as the benefits they provide their on-line clients.
· Failure to ask details about your hotel overnight accommodation. It is often ironic how simple things can be taken for granted. When you make the hotel reservation online, don’t hesitate to inquire about the amenities and even service that go with your hotel of choice, including information on your accommodation, such as type of room, airport pick-up aid, or the total customer care that you could expect from the management together with staff of the hotel.
· Failure to check your holiday itineraries yourself. Allow at least a day or two before your genuine travel date to check on your itinerary to avoid errors about the last minute, just to make sure that you have everything you need for a safer plus a more convenient trip. Reservations.com is an online hotel booking platform that helps travelers with room reservations, car rentals, and group booking services. The platform offers end-to-end solutions for solo travelers, families and corporate travelers through its 250,000 hotel partnerships across 5,000 key global destinations.
When you make online hotel reservation, uncover the names and telephone numbers of your contact persons since this information can become handy when emergencies arise, as they often do, when you least expect them.
· Failure to confirm cancellation and refund policies. Include also change in booking policy, should there be last minute changes in your getaway. Knowing these before you travel can better equip one in what to expect, and how you would respond to problems when they appear.
· Failure to check on security policy. Check on the level of privacy statement of the website servicing your online hotel reservation. You would probably want to make sure that your credit card details are secured; make sure the company’s website have security software in place that will avoid scammers on the internet.
In conclusion, the internet has helped shorten the main queues in hotel lobbies, saved time and cut about costs however vigilance should be maintained to ensure that when on the web hotel reservation is made, it is facilitated by a secured internet site, backed by an equally reputable and competent company.